In this 6 week course you will learn to cultivate a healthy relationship with sleep and rewire your brain for a better nights sleep.
Not sleeping is no fun
Even a single night of poor sleep can rob you of joy and inspiration.
What’s worse, ongoing poor sleep has serious consequences on your health, mood, brain function and performance.
There’s plenty of evidence showing people who experience ongoing poor sleep are more prone to the common cold, diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Science is close to finding causal links between poor sleep over the lifespan and the development of Alzheimer’s disease. Additionally, research has found the quality of your sleep has a direct impact upon learning, memory and emotional processing.
There’s no denying it, sleep is the foundation of your health and wellbeing.
For optimal health and performance, science recommends we sleep between 7 & 9 hours per night. Alarmingly, 12% of Australians are sleeping less than 5.5 hours night.
If you don’t get enough sleep or you have trouble switching off, mindfulness and meditation can help you. By training in mindfulness and meditation you’ll learn how to recognise nervous system arousal that prevents sound sleep and what you can do about it. You’ll also learn how to work with a busy mind and how a particular sleep ‘attitude’ can change everything.
This six week training is ideal if:
- You have trouble sleeping
- You want to improve the quality of your sleep
- You feel like your mind “never stops”
- You want a simple way to manage your stress
- You want to be more focused and less distracted
- You want to learn how to be less reactive
- You want to optimise your physical, mental and emotional health
Here’s what you’ll learn and experience:
- How to work with sleeplessness
- How to work with excessive thinking
- How to cultivate a healthy relationship with sleep
- How to rewire your brain for better sleep
- The basics of the nervous system and brain
- The scientific rationale behind common sleep tips
- The theory of mindfulness
- How to practise mindfulness
- Short, easy mindfulness & meditation practices that can be done in a chair
And much more
Each weekly face-to-face class consists of:
- mindfulness & meditation practices
- body awareness training
- exploration of patterns of thinking, feeling and behaviour
- theory and discussions
The 6 week sleep course consists of:
- 6 x 2 hour weekly classes
- Lifetime access to an app with over 20 guided practices
- Weekly Email reminders of the course theme and home practice
About the teacher:
Rachel has been teaching mindfulness-based practices for over 15 years in a wide range of settings including retreats, teacher trainings, community classes, corporate classes and also clinical and trauma sensitive populations. She works in mental health and is completing study in psychology.
In the aftermath of loss, grief and burnout, Rachel experienced chronic insomnia first hand. Rachel became obsessed with sleep and undertook an extensive journey to rewire her brain for a good nights sleep. Rachel now regards herself as a ‘recovered’ insomniac and is ready to share everything she’s learnt with you.
Date: Starts Wednesday 21st August
Time: 7.00pm – 9.00pm
Early Bird: $290 when paid by 14th August